Here's the final list of accepted students and projects:
- Alejandro Serrano : Improve EclipseFP
- Alexander Göransson: Simplified OpenGL bindings
- anklesaria: Interpreter Support for the Cabal-Install Build Tool
- Jasper Van der Jeugt: Convert the text package to use UTF–8 internally
- Mikhail Glushenkov: Build multiple Cabal packages in parallel
- Owen Stephens: Darcs Bridge
- Petr Ročkai: Darcs: primitive patches version 3
There's some more information at the GSoC website.
This is the second year Edward Kmett and I act as GSoC administrators for haskell.org. It's been a lot of fun and also quite a bit of work. If you ever end up participating in GSoC as an administrator here are some of the things you might want/need to do:
- Promote the organization (to get more proposals) and specific projects (to get proposals for things that matter to the community).
- Make sure all the good students don't apply for the same project by encouraging them to apply for several different projects.
- Make the mentors agree on a final list of projects.
- Make sure every project has a mentor.
- Resolve conflicts when the same student gets accepted by two different organizations.